Often considered as sunglasses for the windows, tints on windows at home were dark and blocked almost all sunlight and giving higher privacy for the residents. The technology used today for tinting has come a long way, today you could find yourself staring at a window only hoping to identify if the window has been tinted or not. At the end of the day, it is all about the kind of film that is applied and the skills of the person applying them too. In this article, we will look at some facts about the benefits or carving out a home window tinting project and how you should engage a reputed applier too.
The exercise of home window tinting is quite beneficial and let’s discuss a short list of benefits.
- Heat and temperature reduction – there is a drastic reduction in temperatures with the application of a good grade home windows tinting. This also, in turn, helps to reduce the power consumption of fans or air conditioners. The overall efficiency of the equipments is better.
- UV rays protection – a tinted home window will block unwanted and harmful rays from the sun at a constant rate. This also reduces the chance of individuals falling sick at home, due to the rising heat in the climate.
- Safety feature to the glass – while the home window tinting has benefits of keeping harm away, it also acts as a barrier in certain areas. Even If the window is cracked or broken, home window tinting would keep the glass in place. This protective characteristic of a tinting window with film helps prevent hazardous accidents.
- Provide ample privacy – If curtains are not your thing to do, then home window tinting can be an alternative that you could choose to maintain privacy in your home. The varying grades of opaqueness make for a good choice depending on the area of use. For office, you could choose a lower grade of density helping to provide both enough sunlight as well as visibility from the outside. While in the bedrooms you could choose a higher-grade density or a shade that reflects from the outside and is visible only from the inside.
- Home window tinting also adds to the overall scheme of design and exterior if planned and matched well. Let’s look at some options that you may find in the market and what they do to provide this rich feeling.
- The frost decorative film gives a frosty effect to the window and will go well in the bath areas; they help in creating a really private place while still giving the appearance of open and airy surroundings, completely outdoing the wall effects.
- Gradient film can be a good choice for the study rooms, living room amongst others. You may choose from soft to opaque gradients on the film. They give you the option of covering up the skies or the ground, depending on what your requirement is. Grass blade, dot matrix, blinds and static gradient are amongst some popular choices.
- While the patterned and textured film tints can add variety to the overall look of the home and give it a classy finish. Some choices in tint patterns that are unique are – thick bands, barcodes, etched squares, fiberglass and wood grain
- There are other translucent colors too that provide a solid color look, you could vary them with the combination of colors as well. Translucent colors can go well with color schemes you may choose for your interiors as well.
The use of home windows tinting has definite return of investments and are quick to install, you must look for a professional applicator to ensure you have a clean and neat finish of the applied product. Quality is often directly proportional to the price paid; hence avoid cutting labor costs on the application of the product.