Custom modular homes are becoming increasingly popular in the modern times. The unique feature of a modular home is that they are built in a climate controlled environment, thus reducing many climate and weather-related problems. If you are thinking about building a custom, modern model home for yourself, here are some benefits of building a modular home that will definitely convince you to go ahead with the project.
Advantages You Can Get with The Modular Homes
- Modular homes allow the homeowners to customize every single detail of their homes, right from the floor plan, paint job, to the design of your exterior as well as interiors. You can discuss all the details with your planner and choose from hundreds of varieties of designs and customization options. It is important to remember that while choosing custom designs, the homeowner must also be careful of the quality of materials used. The modular home is built in climate controlled environments, which means that harmful weather conditions will not affect the built quality of your home.
- Modular homes make use of recycled and reused products in a factory setting. This means that a great amount of wastage is reduced, which usually take place in the building of traditional homes. The materials which are left over are not thrown away; instead, they are used in the construction of the next modular home. The building of a modular home reduces about 67% energy wastage compared to the traditional home construction system; thus, reduces energy cost for its occupants as well. These homes can also reduce costs related to demolition, as a modular house is disassembled and transported to a new location, but not demolished.
- These homes are much more flexible than the traditional homes. Whether a homeowner wants to add another room or two to his existing modular home, or renovate a room, build a new room from scratch or simply add some pieces to the existing room, the possibilities are countless with a custom modular home. Building these homes also requires lesser time than it would with a traditional home, and are much more cost efficient as well. The amount of flexibility offered when building a modular home is something you will never get when building a traditional home.
- You will be able to save a lot of costs when building a modular home, over an onsite built home. Since the homeowner can choose to customize his own choice of floor plans, materials used, etc. he can choose a plan which fits easily into his budget. Since it takes much less time to build a modular home (a few weeks, or months), it is a more budget-friendly alternative. A modular home can typically be built in 1/3rd of the time than it is actually required to build an onsite home. Since all of the construction is done within the factory, you can guarantee progress of work without absenteeism, as may be the case in a traditional building of the homes.
- One of the biggest advantages of building a modular home is that every single step is planned and goes according to the schedule. This means that you can plan your moving in date, and stick to it with no hassles. The fact that it is protected from the weather ensures that the progress of your home construction is continuous, irrespective of the weather and climatic changes outside.
There are several distinct advantages to building a modular home. That is why they are becoming highly popular as a choice of homes. Once you have chosen all your plans for your home, it would take you just a few weeks to build and move into your dream house.