Since the non-renewable energy resources are alarmingly on the verge of limited availability, the demand for installation of solar panels in households as well as in commercial spaces is increasing day-by-day. Besides, on the other hand, it is a lucrative one-time investment, which brings in recurring savings on every energy bill is obviously a lucrative deal for any household or company, for everyone want to do savings in this expensive lifestyle of today. However, in order to make solar system installation, you need to find a good company to get the solar system, proper equipment, and professional installers and you must know how to take care of the solar panels in order to achieve adequate ROI (return on Investment).
Knowledge about Common Solar Panel Installation Equipment
# Ground or Roof Mounting
In states, where you do not have sufficient sunlight on your rooftop, it becomes essential to spend over the top for getting an additional featured setting for a ground fitted solar system. In other cases, if you are located somewhere in California, Arizona, or Florida, eliminate unnecessary expenditure of ground fixture since roof-mounting panels can be sufficient for your needs.
# Type of Inverters
Inverters are helpful if your roof is not south facing or if you do not have sufficient roof space for adequate panels. However, if you have a south-facing roof or a spacious roof to install adequate solar panels there is no need for installing a micro inverter. There is yet another type of solar panel supportive inverter that is available in the market and is comparatively cheaper is spring inverter.
# Preparations for Solar System Installation
- Before you invest in a solar system, it is essential for you to get your roof condition inspected by professionals to know about its wear and tear, or even its load-bearing capacity.
- You can estimate the available space on your roof, and even the intensity and duration of sunlight available on the roof or ground wherever you want to install the system.
- The roof covering must have at least a life of 10 years remaining as to be able to accommodate a solar system, or else you may need to replace it before installing the solar panel system.
# Look for Professional Installers
Many states and municipalities have their own set of regulations and requirement of licensed personals to handle the installation procedure of solar panels. In many states of US, mostly the northern states, one needs to adhere to the services of a professional NABCEP license holding (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) with at least four years of in-hand working experience to be able to install solar panels.
- Look for authorized companies who offer solar system installation support and works.
- You can also Google it for possibilities of all nearby located NABCEP licensed professionals.
- Apart from these, you can also seek for references from your friends and colleagues who had recently installed a solar system or maybe even a few years back.
Well, although it is a onetime investment, no technology works without proper maintenance starting from computers to solar panels. Thus, it is sure that you will require professional solar system maintenance experts for routine inspections. Since, these panels are exposed to external wind and storms, many a debris or lose connection to panels, or wirings happen. These require professional surveillance at least once a year. However, no solar system building company suggest removing snow from the panels, since these may lead to scratches on the panel in the procedure of removing the snow, and scratches, in turn, may decrease the functional ability of the panels.