Car shelters add a lot of beauty to the external décor of a house. A variety of car shelters are available in the market and each of them has their own set of advantages and disadvantages. The types of shelters are listed below.
Portable Car Shelters
These shelters are frequently used shelters. They are also called temporary car shelters because they can be moved from one place to another. The primary advantage of these shelters is that they are easy to construct and are inexpensive. These shelters can be constructed with the help of steel frames and tents that are readily available in any general store.
However, they have certain shortcomings, as well. The common one among them is that they fail to protect the car completely. Hence, cars parked under these shelters are prone to damage or can be harmed easily. One more disadvantage of these shelters is that they cannot hold in heavy rains.
Instant Car Shelters
These shelters are almost the exact carbon copy of the portable shelters with the exception that they don’t need to be constructed like the portable shelters. The primary advantage of this shelter is that they can be built very efficiently and are very inexpensive. In addition to this, they can be moved from one place to the other as well.
The shortcoming of these shelters is that they are very unstable and can fall when heavy winds blow across or if there is a heavy rain. These shelters cannot be a secure parking place for big vehicles like trucks. Hence, these heavy vehicles are exposed to thieves.
These shelters are primarily built for primary parking cars. The advantage of these garages is that they can be constructed easily compared to permanent garages. In addition, they provide a temporary place for parking when cars need servicing.
The disadvantage of these garages is that they are expensive and require a lot of expertise to build a sustainable garage.
This is primarily used to shelter a car. The primary advantage provided by this type of car shelter is that they protect the cars from different types of damages. Second, these shelters are ideal if vehicle theft and vandalism need to be controlled. Additionally, these shelters reduce the maintenance cost of the car as well.
The main disadvantage is that they are very costly to build in a short time. In addition, you need to hire experienced and expensive builders to build a long-term, sustainable car canopy.
How to Maintain a Car Shelter
- The car shelter’s stability can be made more secure by adding wind secure kits. These kits strengthen the shelter and help them in serving their primary function. In addition, car experts do not recommend the usage of ratchet tie-downs because they rub against the tarp of the shelter causing wear and tear.
- Thoroughly clean the car shelter. Rub the fabric lightly with a mild soap then gently rinse, and dry thoroughly before putting it in a dry place.
- Maintain the shelter regularly with the help of preventive maintenance techniques. Do not allow the snow to build up on the shelter.
- The vehicle should never be left on inside a shelter.
- Regularly check the tension of the tarps. Plastic tie-ups should not be used because the tension needs to be very high.
Well, the most important factor for a car shelter is the usage of the quality materials. The other factor is the ready availability of the replacement parts. Usually, if the car shelter is maintained well, then everything will fall in the place.