Now there are several floor designs available like marble, tiles, wooden and stone floors. But when you install these floor layouts, firstly you need to concrete your floor. So, it is better to cut the additional cost of these decorative floor designs and maintain the traditional concrete floor only. Concrete floor can provide you the best longevity and you can easily repair this floor at a lower cost. But concreting is not an easy task because labors need to mix cement, sand, water and stones to build the concrete layer. Then they will polish the floor and lastly, they will complete the floor with some shining materials. It is a long process and when you look for some concrete, you are suggested to check their experience before.
Measuring the Concrete Area for Concreting:
- The first step is to work out the entire area that needs to be concreted.
- The next step is to ensure that a decision is taken on the thickness for concreting.
- The third step is to calculate the volume of concrete required to perform the task.
- Finally, it is good to add a little more as tolerance for wastage and different variations in the depth.
Tools That are Required for Concreting:
- Timber for pegs and formwork along with barrows are essential tools required by the builders. Also, well-inflated rubber tyres are important requirements. Small barrows are inappropriate for this work because the number of barrows required will depend on the quality of the concrete and how far the users must move. Also, as a recommendation 2 barrows are required to carry one load of concrete. If the ground is soft or uneven, timber planks should be fitted to the wheelbarrow.
- Two or one mouthed shovels; the mouth is shaped like a square along with a screen board. The board is a heavy, smooth and about 900 mm wider than a formwork.
- A float made of wood (this is a flat slab made of wood that comes with a handle) for providing the surface with a better finish.
- If required a steel trowel and a tool for edging; this is used for creating cross-joints and edging.
- A rake for the garden and a grooving tool that is 15mm long. The grooving tools can be used for concreting long sections like long paths and driveways.
- A heavy mallet or hammer, enough building paper that is waterproof, plastic sheet or sand to fill the areas that are concreted, hessian, and much more, and a certain level of spirit.
How to Install the Concrete?
If the area that needs the concrete to be delivered is even, in the same level, and the truck can be driven directly to the area, the truck can directly come to the area the pour out from the truck’s chute into the actual form work.
If the area is in the slope, the concrete should be progressively poured from lowest point to the highest point. The project of concreting will be quick if there are teamwork and good coordination. 2 people can bring the wheel up the barrow up the slope and 1 person can help in pouring the concrete and spreading it. The full process of concreting is very lengthy and it required more concreters to complete the task. So initially, it may cost you more, but it will save your maintenance cost in future.
Overall the importance of concreting is measured in the ways the final finish is provided. For providing a smooth finish, a steel towel can be used. Also, for the smooth finish excess of water should not be added and the toweling process should be started immediately after the shiny sheen disappears.