Flooring plays a vital role in the completion of a construction at its best. Once you peep into the market, you will come across numerous options. Among them, wood flooring has been among the most common and classy choices. It is manufactured using a relatively cheap and highly resistant material of timber.
What Are The Various Types of Wooden Flooring in Marketing?
It is good to learn that the finished product is a palatial one. At present, there are two types of wooden floorings. They have been mentioned in a nutshell as under:
- Solid wood: This particular type of wooden flooring is produced by using a single piece of timber. Prior sawing, this particular piece is air dried and installed above the concrete floor. The timber from which it is derived is cut in three different ways that include flat sawn, quarter sawn, and rift sawn.After cutting on the basis of choice made, the timber is packed to control the content of moisture. Having a control of moisture will prevent the product from getting distorted during storage and transportation. Most of the solid woods have been known to incorporate absorption strips for reducing cupping at the earliest.
- Engineered wood: Engineered wood is that particular type of wood that is used all over the world. Due to comprising of numerous layers, it has been distinguished among all. Engineered timber flooring prices vary on the type of pieces chosen.
Topmost hardwood surface is covered with multiple layers of varnish. Engineered materials are made more stable by running over each and every layer at ninety degrees over each other. Veneer floors take in usage a thin layer of wood that is a composite wood product. While acrylic impregnated wood flooring uses a layer of wood that is impregnated using liquid acrylic.
Why Engineered Timber Flooring Prices Fluctuate?
Needs along with affordability of customers may vary from one person to another. Thus, the wood can be engineered in a different manner other than aforementioned ones. As a result, engineered timber flooring prices will also fluctuate. Other types of engineered wood that are available in the market include the following:
- Rotary peel: In case of a rotary peel, the log of wood is placed in boiling water at certain temperature for a few hours. Afterward, it is removed from the water and peeled off with a blade. Peeling starts from outside and proceeds towards the core. Finally, the sheet that is formed is called veneer which is pressed flat with high pressure. You will definitely be able to apply the end product to the concrete floor, thus giving a wooden floor appearance.
- Sliced peel: This particular procedure is very much similar to rotary peel. The cutting style of wood truly varies. In the former case, the wood is peeled off in a horizontal manner. In the latter, the wood gets sliced from edges, thus giving it a circular appearance. The rest of the process remains same thus making variations in engineered timber flooring prices.
- Dry solid sawn: In dry solid sawn wood, the particular piece of wood is not boiled too much but kept at the low level of humidity. It is dried slowly for drawing moisture from inside the wooden cells. Afterward, the log is saved in a similar way while on its way to get converted to hardwood flooring. The look you are about to obtain is similar to hardwood flooring. Engineered timber flooring prices are moderate and are easily available for common man.
It is advisable to visit a reliable store to get the best material at moderate cost. Start your survey from now to halt to the best decision.